Should teachers choose whether or not to incorporate technology? NO WAY! They have to! I'll tell you right now that if some of my teachers never let me use technology, I'd have no idea how to post a blog (or at least know how to experiment).
An example:
My mom: terrible with technology. She thinks I'm a tech-deity, when I really know nothing. What I do know, however, is the basics. If, for example, I need something copied. I know it's a) located in one of the drop-down menus above or b) I right click. My motto is "When in doubt... right-click!" Sadly, it works about 90% of the time for my mom's problems.
So I don't know if I answered the question, so let me put it this way: We may not have to teach technology, but we should definitely teach technology thinking. That is, we should teach children how to go about figuring out problems that may arise when doing something on the computer. We don't have to teach every kid how to make words fly from above in powerpoint, but we should at least give them the backbone to at least let them figure it out if they so choose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment