Wow... There is so much technology everywhere. Students today can sometimes be overwhelmed. They get so much mental stimulation constantly! It really makes learning from a teacher very boring compared to the "norm." As a teacher we are going to have to adapt to this rapidly changing society. Like Mark says, even the record companies and TV corporations can't keep up. The only way we as teachers are going to make it is if we can keep up with the kids in terms of technology. One of the memories I have of high school is that some of my friends could completely stop a class from happening just by unplugging and switching around the AVI cables because the teacher had no idea why the DVD wasn't playing. A common theme among other viewers of these videos is that they realize students aren't going to learn by just sitting in a lecture hall. Kids today have to DO! I'm in a particular class at the moment that is so passive, I end up sleeping or playing with a deck of cards because I'm not engaged at all. The content is interesting, but the class would be exactly the same if I wasn't there. That is something teachers (past and present) should think about...
Inspiration:
http://sacsquatch.blogspot.com/
http://markci335.blogspot.com/
http://robjohnson11.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment